This cookie happens to be my husband’s favorite. There is nothing more tasty on a cold, cloudy, rainy day that warm, chewy Snickerdoodles and Hot Chocolate!
For About Two Dozen Cookies, you will need:
1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour (I use whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp each: cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger
Sugar mixture for rolling the cookie dough balls in: 2 Tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp each: cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger
Getting Your ‘Bake On!’
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cream together butter and sugar.
3. Beat in the egg until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
5. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to form a stiff dough.
6. In a small dish, make the sugar mixture for rolling the dough balls in.
7. Shape the dough into walnut-sized balls.
8. Roll the dough balls in the sugar mixture.
9. Place the sugared balls on a greased cookie sheet and flatten gently with a fork, creating crisscross pattern atop the cookies.
10. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
11. Cook on a cooking rack and enjoy!