Here is yet another hot dish that is served over noodles! It starts as a very basic dish that I just love to embellish with aromatic seasonings! It’s even tastier when served the next day!
You will need:
1 1/2 lbs of good beef (tenderloin or sirloin), cut into 1/4-by-two inch strips.
2 Tbsp flour
Salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbsp butter
1 clove of garlic, minced or pressed
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp each: allspice, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg
3/4 cup sour cream
Hot buttered noodles
Saute’ed mushroom caps (do this in advance)
1. Mix the flour with salt and pepper.
2. Toss the meat strips in the flour, coating lightly yet evenly.
3. Heat butter in a heavy skillet and add in the garlic and onion.
4. Saute’ until the garlic is lightly browned; spoon out and set aside.
5. Add meat to the skillet, a few pieces at a time, and brown quickly. Keep meat pieces as separate as possible so you don’t “stew” it.
6. When all of the meat is browned, add the garlic and onion back into the pan.
7. Incorporate the paprika and aromatic spices.
8. Fold in the sour cream; heat slowly but do not boil.
~ Serve over hot buttered noodles, garnishing with the parsley and mushroom caps.
~ Good with a nice salad, hot vegetables and warmed, crusty bread.