Scalloped Potatoes pair fabulously with any main dish, be it salmon, chicken, roast beef or even Polish Sausages! Use fresh parsley to pop the color of this dish!
4 medium potatoes, sliced
1/2 onion, finely sliced
1/2 fresh parsley, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
Salt and pepper to taste
Set aside some minced parsley for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Arrange potatoes, onion slices and parsley in a buttered, 2-quart casserole, in layers.
3. In a separate saucepan, heat butter, then add garlic and saute’.
4. Blend together milk, cornstarch, salt and pepper and pour into the saucepan with the butter and garlic.
5. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
6. Pour thickened sauce over the potato mixture in the casserole dish.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
8. Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with shredded Asiago cheese, if desired.