Lamb isn’t cheap but, once in a while, if you love lamb, it doesn’t hurt to splurge a little with this easy, yet tasty dish!
4 lamb shoulder chops (Australian lamb is the best choice)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Oregano leaves, chopped
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
Coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 cup finely minced parsley
Lemon slices and parsley sprigs for garnish
1. Mix the bread crumbs, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and parsley together in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Brush the lamb chops on both sides with lemon juice.
3. Sprinkle with the Oregano.
4. Place on foil-covered broiler rack.
5. Broil the lamb chops 4 inches from the heat source for about 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Top the chops with the bread crumb mix and broil for an additional 2 to 3 minutes to finish
7. Garnish with a lemon slice and parsley sprig.
~ Great served with a Rice Pilaf, Quinoa or Couscous and a light salad.