Here’s a old time favorite! A sort of flash back from the fifties! Sheer dreamy decadence on bread! Just choose your favorite baguette to make this one-of-a-kind for you! A few hearty strips of bacon and some real good cheese and you have something delightful to sink your teeth into.
For 8 servings, you will need:
6 to 8 slices of bacon (thick cut and any flavor)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp softened butter
2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I favor extra sharp; the sharper the better)
1 -2 Tbsp finely minced onion
Dash of cayenne pepper
8 slices of your favorite baguette
Makin’ it happen!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Fry the bacon, long and slow to how you like your bacon; drain the bacon on paper towels and dice into small pieces.
3. Combine mayonnaise and butter.
4. Stir in the cheese, minced onion and cayenne pepper; blending well.
5. Stir in the bacon.
6. Spread the mixture on bread slices; place on foil-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese melts nicely and the bread is toasted.
This little side dish makes a great accompaniment for a great salad!